AS part of a £1.5million refurbishment, the chimney at Belper Street Baths in Blackburn was demolished in 1992.

Originally the Corporation Baths, Belper Street got another new name at this point becoming Daisyfield Baths.

It was built in 1906 at a cost of £9,328 to meet the rising demand at the town’s original 1868 pool in Freckleton Street.

The main pool was 75ft by 30ft and from 3ft to 6ft 6in deep and caused controversy as mixed bathing was allowed.

There were 47 changing cabins and one children’s cabin.