A PUB which has stood in an East Lancashire village for more than 400 years can be seen in this photo.

This picture, which was taken in April 1992, is of the White Bear Hotel in Barrowford.

The Gisburn Road pub locally known that the Grade II-listed pub, the largest in the village, and the building was first put up in 1607.

Before becoming a pub the building was home to the ‘cotton king’ James Hargreaves, who was a weaver, carpenter and inventor who lived at Stanhill, Oswaldtwistle.

The pub was the hiding place of Methodist preacher John Wesley when he was chased by a mob in 1748 and was briefly imprisoned.

In Mr Wesley's journal he describes preaching at nearby Roughlee and seeing a mob descend down the hill to take him.

He describes them as an army, for they were accompanied by a drummer, and took him to his old house.

The pub now looks a little different to the photo taken more than 25 years ago after it underwent a £150,000 refurbishment earlier this year.

The changes included new solid wood flooring throughout and a fresh look for the cobbled beer garden, with rattan furniture.

However the pub's look still reflects the pub's history with mill-themed artwork and complemented by Burnley FC memorabilia.