THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS, FLOOKBURGH) (CUMBRIA STEAM GATHERING EVENT) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2018Notice ID: WAR0701091
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS, FLOOKBURGH) (CUMBRIA STEAM GATHERING EVENT) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that due to the likelihood of danger to the public whilst Cumbria Steam and Vintage Vehicle Association stage the Cumbria Steam Gathering Event ("the Event") on Cark Airfield, the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to;-
1. Prohibit any vehicle from stopping or waiting or loading/unloading at any time, on any day (including blue badge holders), along the following lengths of road:-
(a) Station Road, Flookburgh both sides from its junction with Market Street extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 90m; and
(b) Market Street, Flookburgh both sides from its junction with Station Road extending in an easterly direction for approx. 60m; and
(c) Moor Lane, Flookburgh both sides from its junction with Market Street extending in a southerly direction approx 195m.
2. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding other than in a southerly direction along that section of the U5I67 Wraysholme Lane, Flookburgh from its junction with the B5277 extending in a southerly direction to its junction with Willow Lane.
3. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding other than in a westerly direction along that section of the U5I68 Willow Lane, Flookburgh from its junction with Wraysholme Lane, extending in a westerly direction for approx. I km.
N.B. The one-way restrictions detailed in 2 and 3 above will only be in force until the midpoint of the Event at which point the one-way restrictions and the alternative routes will be reversed to facilitate traffic leaving the Event, so that no traffic will proceed other than in a northerly direction and easterly direction along the same sections as detailed above respectively. The midpoint of the Event will be approx I400hours on Saturday 28 July 2018 and Sunday 29 July 2018 A suitable alternative route for restricted one-way traffic will be signed and available via the unrestricted section of the U5I68 Willow Lane, C5044 Moor Lane and the B5277 in the direction indicated by the appropriate traffic signs. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Event. Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Busher Walk, County Offices, Kendal, LA9 4RQ (0300 303 2992) quoting the SL-18-6382.
The Order will come into operation on 28 July 2018 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for 2 days. D Roberts, Executive Director - Corporate, Customer & Community Services, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, Carlisle,CAI IRD Dated: 12July2018