PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS & CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990 SECTIONS 69 & 70Notice ID: BRA1856212
CARLISLE CITY COUNCIL
PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS & CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990 SECTIONS 69 & 70
BRISCO CONSERVATION AREA
Notice is hereby given that following public consultation and pursuant to section 69 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990, Carlisle City Council has determined that all the areas at Brisco described in the Schedule to this Notice are areas of special or historic interest and that it is desirable to preserve or enhance their character or appearance. On 22nd June 2020 the Authority accordingly designated a new Brisco Conservation Area as described in the Schedule
The principal effects of being included within a conservation area are as follows:
1. The Authority is under a duty to prepare proposals to ensure the preservation or enhancement of the area.
2. That, with certain exceptions, it becomes an offence to demolish buildings within the area without first obtaining planning permission from the local planning authority.
3. Special publicity must be given to planning applications for development in the conservation area.
4. In carrying out any functions under the Planning Acts (and, in particular, in determining applications for planning permission and listed building consent), the Authority and Secretary of State are required to take into account the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character or appearance of the area.
5. Six weeks written notice must be given to the Authority before works are carried out to any trees.
6. The extent of works that may be carried out as permitted development without the need for planning permission is more limited for properties within the Conservation Area.
The following properties are included within the Brisco Conservation Area:
All the buildings and land at Brisco and comprised within the perimeter of the red line running from a field north west of the property known as Shields Brisco CA4 0QS to a field south east of the property known as Brisco Hill CA4 0QZ and falling inside reference points marked by the properties known as Ash Leigh on the south west by Brisco Hill Farm on the south east and by the site of a former brickworks on the north east
A hard copy of the plan showing the extent of the designation area together with a copy of the conservation area appraisal is available for public inspection on the Authority's website:
Conservation-Areas and during opening hours by prior appointment at the Authority's offices at the Civic Centre, Rickergate, Carlisle CA3 8QG (9.00am-5pm Mon - Thurs, 9.00am-4.00pm Fri.) To fix an inspection appointment please call 01228 817200 or e firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Meek Corporate Director of Economic Development
25th September 2020