THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (CITADEL ROW AND THE CRESCENT, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1853075
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (CITADEL ROW AND THE CRESCENT, CARLISLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Northern Gas Networks to carry out works for new gas connections ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road;
1. The entire length of Citadel Row, Carlisle between its junctions with The Crescent and English Street.
2. The northbound carriageway of The Crescent, Carlisle from its junction with English Street to its junction with Lowther Street
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for north bound vehicles will be signed and available via English Street and Devonshire Street.
N.B. To facilitate the alternative route above, the existing restriction governing the use of the northbound lane of English Street, from a point 30m north of its junction with Citadel Row to its junction with Devonshire Street, will be temporarily suspended.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the reference C532.
The Order will come into operation on 12 October 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restriction will only be required for 3 days and only as and when Che relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 25 September 2020