Got a Lancaster or Morecambe story? Contact us.
Lancashire fire crews warn residents
7:00pm Tuesday 11th December 2012 in News
FIREFIGHTERS are urging residents not to tackle fires in their homes unless they know proper techniques.
The warning comes as a woman was treated for smoke inhalation after trying to put out a toaster fire with a damp cloth and pillow, in Kime Street, Burnley, at around 9.10pm on Sunday.
Watch manager Neil Ashworth said: “The advice we give is to shut the door, call us, and not to put yourself in danger.
“The woman, who is in her forties, discovered the fire and tried to tackle it with a damp cloth, which is not recommended. It did not work, so she tried with a pillow and made it worse.
“The lady suffered smoke inhalation and we treated her at the scene with oxygen.”
Comments are closed on this article.